Click a category below to reveal frequently asked questions. You can click on a question to jump to its answer or scroll down to browse. If your question isn't answered here, you can contact Customer Support.
Account SettingsBack to top
- To reset your password, visit your account page. If you’ve forgotten your password, follow the Forgot password? link on the Sign In page to reset it.
- To unsubscribe from our emails, simply update your preferences in your Email Settings.
- If your session has expired or you're using a different computer, you may have been automatically signed out. If you’ve forgotten your password, follow the Forgot password? link on the Sign In page to reset it.
- Make sure that you're using the same email address you used when you joined to sign in. Your password is case sensitive so double-check that caps lock is off. If neither of these solutions fixes the problem, reset your password using the Forgot password? link on the Sign In page.
Records SearchBack to top
- Our collections contain over 8.7 billion UK and international records, and we're adding new ones all the time. Visit our Collections page for a comprehensive list.
- Get started searching with Genealogy.com by visiting our tutorial: “Learn more about Search on Archives”
- The following tutorial can help you get unstuck: “Can't Find What You're Looking for?”
- Follow our tutorial to find some easy ways to narrow down your results: “Too many results to look through?”.
- Viewing records from your search results will help us find discoveries for you. Just click on any of your search results and view the details of a record, then we'll start looking for new records about that person that you haven't seen yet. When we find hints for you, we’ll add them to your Discoveries.
- Yes, as a member of Genealogy.com, you can start a brand new family tree or work with a preexisting one by uploading a GEDCOM file. Get started on your family tree.
- If you have already placed your order, please contact USAVital directly by phone at 1-800-747-1550 or by email at [email protected]. If you need help placing an order or have questions about ordering vital certificates, please contact Archives Customer Support.
PrivacyBack to top
Membership & BillingBack to top
- You can sign up for free at any time.
- Any payments you make to Genealogy.com will appear on your bank statement as "ANC*My.Genealogy.com" along with our toll-free Customer Support number.
- Visit your Account Profile to update your billing options.
- Visit the Membership Options page or contact Customer Support and specify that you'd like to decline any future renewals.
Still Have A Question? Back to top
Contact our Customer Support team and they should be able to help out.
Find records now for free.
Start your free trial today to learn more about your ancestors using our powerful and intuitive search. Cancel any time, no strings attached.